Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Letter to my family

51 Catalaunya Avenue
La Pobla de Segur

21st November


Dear family,

How is everything going? I miss you so much. This first month in Catalunya has been exciting and quite interesting. In the beginning I was pretty nervous but my flatmates have been very welcoming with me and I feel more comfortable than I thought.

The school system is something which has surprised me considerably. The knowledge skills and level is much lower than the Chinese one. 

The classes begin at 8:45 p.m. and finish at 14:10 p.m. We have an only recess from 11:45 p.m. to 12:05 p.m. La Pobla is a small village and everyody knows each other, so the atmosphere is very familiar. Although, teachers don't demand to the students the same degree effort as it is common in China. However, sometimes it seems like if students were completely unmotivated and unworried about their academic future. 

Some of my classmates meet together after class! Can you imagine it? I spend almost four hours studying in the afternoon, while they spend it playing football, running or simply staying in the street. The education vision is much different here.

I'm still conscious about my labor, I mean that you don't have to worry because of what I'm telling you. Here the level is lower, but this doesn't imply that universities are insufficient. In fact, Catalunya has some of the most important universities of Europe and I believe I'm able to access it.

I hope you visit me soon, it would be a pleasant surprise! Hugs and kisses for everyone.

Yours sincerely,

Chang.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post, Oscar. It is very interesting, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to label your post, please.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.